Become a Member Today!
Help to Protect Vaping in New York State
NYSVA's mission is to save vape shops in New York and the manufacturers and distributors that supply them. As of January 2018, there were 700+ vape shops, with 2700 employees and hundreds of thousands of consumers that rely on their local vape stores to help keep them from smoking cigarettes.
Even before the founding of NYSVA in 2017, board members were activists for the vaping industry in New York. Realizing that to earn a "seat at the table" in Albany, the group formally became a lobbying trade association in New York, New York City and registered with the attorney generals of every county. NYSVA, together with retained lobbyist firm, Dickinson & Avella, PLLC, educate legislators and administration on the value of vapor product businesses in New York and the science that supports the importance of vaping to the health of their constituents.
New York is a pivotal state for the opponents who wage the war on vaping. As New York goes, so does the rest of the country. Your membership dues go directly to the NYSVA efforts which include:
- Full-time representation by our lobbyist in Albany
- Member Educational Events with politicians, public health officials and industry professionals
- Regulatory advice from our compliance attorney, Mary Bielaska of Zanicorn International
- Public relations to combat negative campaigns against vaping
- Working with our elected officials to ensure sensible regulations that will not impede the future of the industry
The NYSVA is setup to represent the industry and vapers rights in Albany and New York City, but we are also registered to represent your business at the county level. This means that the NYSVA can offer assistance, and testimony when necessary, on behalf of the industry in your local communities. If there's anti-vaping legislation at any level in NY state, the NYSVA will be prepared and willing to assist it's members in the fight against any regulations that will negatively affect vaping in NY state.
NYSVA is an Affiliated Independent Group (AIG) of the national trade association, SFATA.org
, which represents the interests of independent vape shops and vapor product businesses federally. This affiliation provides NYSVA members with a voice in Washington, DC.
Read the June 2018 announcement here.
- Aspire Vape Co offers up to 10% to all NYSVA members that can be stacked on top of the various sales/promotions they have throughout the year. They are offering incentives to any retailers in the New York area that join the NYSVA. Learn more here: www.aspirevapeco.com
- NYSVA is an affiliate member VapeTithing. Save 10% on your purchase AND 10% will also be donated to NYSVA. on wholesale OR retail orders! Go to VapeTithing.com
- Benevolent E-Liquids: 15% of wholesale or retail profits are donated to the state association in which the purchaser resides. To order, go to BenevolentEliquids.com
- Need better rates for processing your sales? Having difficulties with your processing company? EPSG offers competitiverates and every month gives a donation to NYSVA for every member who signs up: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VapeKult donates 100% of it's e-lquid brand "Advocacy" to NYSVA . Wholesale opportunities are available to members the sales go back to the NYSVA. Email him at email@example.com.
- Need drip tips? Cherry Vape offers 10% off wholesale orders to our members, and an additional 10% goes back to the NYSVA. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- VapeNY offers a 5% discount on wholesale orders to NYSVA members, and will additionally donate 5% to NYSVA. Email email@example.com with "NYSVA Member Wholesale Inquiry" in the subject.
These programs not only benefit us as members, but our organization as well, please support them. Have a fundraising idea? Let us know and we'll get the word out!
Get the latest updates and have your opinions heard. The NYSVA provides regular updates for all of its members. Our monthly newsletter and conference call will also allow all of the NYSVA members to stay connected and informed. Watch for regional member meetings, including fundraisers. An Albany lobbying event will also be scheduled where members can meet with their representatives to educate them on vaping.
Membership Welcome Package
NYSVA members will receive a welcome package that includes:
- Membership Window and register decals for your business, updated yearly
- NYSVA T-Shirt
- Additional promotional materials as available
- Regular member calls and updates
- Annual in-person member conference
- Member newsletters
(Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of your welcome package)
B2B Networking Opportunities
The NYSVA offers a great opportunity for businesses to interact and network with other member businesses with our Annual Member Meeting. Our private forums will allow members to communicate, and our public member directory will allow others to verify that you are supporting the industry in NY state. Our member meetings and Albany lobbying events are also great opportunities to network and work on strategy with other businesses that are also supporting the industry in NY state.
Friends of NYSVA - Consumer Membership
Friends of NYSVA are vital to the success of saving vaping in New York. - please support our member's businesses that support vaping in New York!
When support of consumers is needed to help defeat a bill that would impede their rights to vape, we ask that you follow our calls to action coordinated with CASAA.org
. Membership in CASAA is free and alerts are on their NY page and through email.
Stay up to date with what's going on in NY on the state, county and municipal level with NYSVA's Monthly Newsletter. Sign up for free here.